Annalise Lekas Surnow represents business clients in connection with complex commercial transactions and corporate law matters including corporate organization and mergers & acquisitions. Her experience spans multiple market sectors with a particular focus on the automotive, general manufacturing, health care, food and beverage, insurance, and e-commerce industries.
Annalise has worked successfully to close numerous M&A transactions. She has been involved in all aspects of the transactions from drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements to drafting ancillary documents, conducting due diligence, and preparing due diligence reports. She also represents a wide range of health care clients in commercial transactions, including large medical practices, long-term care facilities, and other health care providers, and has experience with certain regulatory matters that pertain to these transactions.
Before becoming an associate at Bodman, Annalise worked as a summer associate with the firm. She also worked as a corporate legal extern for an industrial aluminum manufacturer and for a nationwide voluntary health organization, and as an intern in the corporate counsel’s office of a diversified global manufacturing company. She is a former intern for U.S. Representative Tim Walberg in Washington, DC.
While in law school, Annalise was Managing Editor for the Emory International Law Review, a member of the Corporate and Business Law Society, and worked with Student Legal Services to provide legal counsel to fellow students.
Annalise is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association and the Health Care Law and Business Law sections of the State Bar of Michigan. She is also a member of Inforum and its automotive and health care industry sub groups.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch 2022-2023, Health Care Law
- American Health Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Business Law Section
- Health Care Law Section
- Author, “#ISIS: The Largest Threat to World Peace Trending Now,” Emory International Law Review (December 2015)
- 08/23/202227 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed In Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2023
- 02/09/2022Bodman PLC Admits New Members
- 08/19/202123 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed In Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2022
- 11/08/2016Three Associates Join Bodman
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., with honors
- University of Michigan, B.S., with distinction