Mr. Dalziel represents business clients in matters involving health care, corporate and commercial law, including corporate organization, mergers and acquisitions, and other commercial transactions.
He has represented a wide range of health care industry clients in complex transactions. Representative transactions include: numerous hospital member substitutions with hospital systems, the sale and purchase of medical, dental and other healthcare practices of varying size and complexity, management agreements (including to address corporate practice of medicine implications), joint ventures, and other arrangements.
Mr. Dalziel also provides counseling and guidance on regulatory matters, including fraud and abuse (including anti-kickback and Stark law), HIPAA (including the reporting of breaches), as well as a wide range of contractual matters, corporate organization and charter document matters, the development and updating of policies and procedures, and other day-to-day and long-term matters.
He is the Chair of Bodman’s Health Care Practice Group.
Mr. Dalziel has been named a 2024 “Top Lawyer” in Health Care Law by DBusiness magazine. He is listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2022 under Health Care Law. He serves on the Board of Directors of the Notre Dame Club of Detroit.
Before joining Bodman, Mr. Dalziel managed clinical studies and integrated genetics into drug development with Pfizer Global Research & Development in Ann Arbor. In law school, Mr. Dalziel interned with Hon. John Corbett O’Meara of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan and was a member of the Intellectual Property Organization.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Michigan Super Lawyers 2021-2022, Health Care Law
- DBusiness Magazine “Top Lawyers” (2013-2014, 2018, 2020-2024), Health Care Law
- Michigan Rising Stars 2015, Health Care, Business/Corporate
Civic, Cultural, and Community Activities
- Notre Dame Club of Detroit, Member, Board of Directors
- Co-Author (with Annalise Lekas Surnow), “The Expiration of the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency: Part II – Impact on the Provision of Medical Services via Telehealth,” Bodman Health Care Law Update, April 2023
- Co-Author (with Annalise Lekas Surnow), “One Month Until May 11, 2023—the Expiration Date for the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency,” Bodman Health Care Law Update, April 2023
- Co-Author (with Joseph G. Nuyen), “Governor’s Executive Order 2020-30 Suspends Practice Restrictions,” Bodman COVID-19 Response Team Update, March 2020
- Co-Author (with Joseph G. Nuyen), “Supporting the American Health Care System in the Fight against the Coronavirus: Health care provisions of the CARES Act stimulus package,” Bodman COVID-19 Response Team Update, March 2020
- Co-Author (with Joseph G. Nuyen), “Notification of Enforcement Discretion for Telehealth Remote Communications during the COVID-19 Nationwide Public Health Emergency,” Bodman COVID-19 Response Team Update, March 2020
- Co-Author (with Joseph G. Nuyen), “COVID-19 & HIPAA Bulletin Limited Waiver of HIPAA Sanctions and Penalties During a Nationwide Public Health Emergency,” Bodman COVID-19 Response Team Update, March 2020
- Author, “Mergers, Acquisitions and Affiliations: Drivers and Legal Considerations,” Michigan edition of the Health Care Weekly Review (2013)
- Panel, “HIPAA for Non-Health Care Lawyers,” ICLE (2012)
- Speaker, “Investigations and Audits: How to Survive a Medical Billing Audit or Investigation,” Michigan Medical Billers Association
- 11/15/202377 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2024
- 08/29/2023Legal Restrictions on Health Information – Beyond HIPAA
- 04/26/2023The Expiration of the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency: Part II – Impact on the Provision of Medical Services via Telehealth
- 04/11/2023One Month Until May 11, 2023 – the Expiration Date for the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- 08/12/202263 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2022
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D.
- Wayne State University Medical School, M.S.
- University of Notre Dame, B.S., magna cum laude
- State Bar of Michigan