Chris Zdarsky is a litigation attorney who concentrates his practice on complex commercial litigation matters, including financial services, product liability, premises liability, insurance coverage, construction liability, and asbestos matters, among others.
He represents business clients in state and federal courts and in arbitration proceedings before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and the American Arbitration Association (AAA). He has extensive experience drafting and arguing dispositive motions, enforcing judgments, and defending clients in appellate matters.
Representative matters in which Chris has been counsel of record include:
- Represented utility companies in class action derivative lawsuits following a multibillion dollar merger
- Defended a corporation in a wrongful death premises liability action
- Defended a content management software company in a multimillion-dollar case involving a claim for breach of employment
- Defended a large capital goods company against whistleblower and retaliatory discharge claims brought by a former employee
- Represented a financial institution in bankruptcy, mechanics lien, receiver’s lien, eminent domain, and quiet title actions
Chris is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2024, Commercial Litigation, Litigation-Banking and Finance
- Michigan Rising Stars 2020-2023, Business Litigation
- Grand Rapids Magazine Top Lawyer 2023, Litigation-Commercial
- Illinois Rising Stars 2014-2018, Business Litigation
- State Bar of Michigan
- Litigation Section Council, Member
- 11/01/202313 Bodman Attorneys Included in 2023 Grand Rapids Top Lawyers List
- 09/19/202358 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2023
- 08/17/202370 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2024
- 08/12/202263 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2022
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, J.D., cum laude
- University of Wisconsin – Madison, B.A.