Dora “Dodi” H. June represents commercial landlords and tenants in retail and office leasing matters, and in the analysis, structuring and negotiation of complex real estate transactions.
She has substantial experience representing purchasers, sellers, borrowers, lenders, landlords, tenants, developers and corporations in transactions involving retail leasing and development, office leasing, data center leasing, mortgage lending, and multi-state sales and acquisitions.
Dodi has also drafted, managed, and negotiated leases for nationwide company portfolios involving shopping centers. In addition to this work, she served as legal counsel for various matters including negotiating third party vendor agreements and managing requests for SNDAs and tenant estoppels.
Her diverse background includes experience as a leasing attorney with major real estate management firms and many years in private practice with national and global AmLaw law firms. Most recently, she worked as a Leasing Attorney with a highly respected real estate boutique law firm where she represented commercial landlords and tenants in retail and office lease matters and lease administration projects.
As a law student, Dodi was the Associate Editor for the Michigan Journal of International Law. She was also the Co-Chair of SAFEhouse, a member of the Women Law Students Association, and a Student Attorney with the Family Law Project.
She has completed graduate coursework in Japanese Studies at the Center for Japanese Studies at the University of Michigan and spent a year as an assistant English teacher for five public high schools in Handa, Japan.
Honors, Awards, and Recognitions
- DBusiness Magazine “Top Lawyers” 2013, Corporate Counsel
Civic, Cultural and Community Activities
- Community Legal Resources, Vacant Property Legal Team Member
- Habitat for Humanity Detroit, Jimmy Carter Work Project Volunteer
- Life Remodeled, Volunteer
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- State Bar of Michigan
- Real Property Law Section
- Legal Aid and Defender Association, Pro Bono Service Pangborn Pin Award, 2008
- State Bar of Georgia Pro Bono Honor Roll
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- Western Michigan University, B.A., summa cum laude