Mr. Dindoffer assists clients with a wide variety of environmental matters, including Brownfield redevelopment matters (including obtaining grants and tax incentives), environmental litigation, obtaining environmental permits, counseling them with respect to their responsibilities on environmental matters, and performing necessary due diligence and planning for corporate acquisitions, real estate purchases and financing.
Mr. Dindoffer has extensive experience in environmental considerations of lending institutions, including both commercial lending and environmental matters that relate to fiduciaries. He has both brought and defended numerous cleanup cost recovery suits, has represented clients seeking insurance coverage for environmental cleanup matters and has extensive involvement with multi-party litigation.
Mr. Dindoffer has served as common counsel in numerous Superfund sites and has acted as coordinating counsel in related litigation. He has represented municipal clients in environmental compliance matters and related litigation and serves as lead counsel to a local government in long-running environmental litigation involving remediation of groundwater contamination which has involved appeals to the Michigan Court of Appeals and Supreme Court.
Mr. Dindoffer is listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2024 under Environmental Law and Litigation-Environmental and in Michigan Super Lawyers 2007-2019 under Environmental. He is listed as a 2024 “Top Lawyer” by DBusiness magazine under Environmental Law. He is AV Preeminent® Peer Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Dindoffer serves on the Executive Committee of the Detroit Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America.
Before becoming an attorney, Mr. Dindoffer worked for six years for the United States Environmental Protection Agency as an engineer in its air emissions programs.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2006-2024, Environmental Law and Litigation-Environmental
- DBusiness Magazine “Top Lawyers” 2009-2024, Environmental Law
- Michigan Super Lawyers 2007-2019, Environmental
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence; Endorsed for High Ethical Standing
- State Bar of Michigan
- Environmental Law Section
Civic, Cultural, and Community Activities
- Detroit Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America, Member, Executive Committee
- 11/15/202377 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2024
- 12/05/202268 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2023
- 08/23/202270 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed In The Best Lawyers in America 2023
- 12/13/202169 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2022
- 08/19/202168 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed In The Best Lawyers in America 2022
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., cum laude
- University of Michigan, B.S.M.E.