Jaimee L. Witten specializes in representing clients in workouts, commercial bankruptcies, handling troubled suppliers, and other creditor’s rights situations.
Her experience, ability to think quickly, and innate efficiency enable her to deliver the time-sensitive work product often required by clients dealing with these crisis situations.
Jaimee began her career in Washington D.C. at Arnold & Porter LLP (now Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer), in its bankruptcy practice group, representing the full spectrum of bankruptcy parties (including debtors, unsecured creditor committees, secured creditors and 363 purchasers). While there, she participated in representing US Airways and Northwest Airlines in their bankruptcy cases.
Jaimee is the co-vice chair of Bodman’s Banking Practice Group and the vice chair of the Bankruptcy and Debtor-Creditor Rights Practice Group.
Since moving back home to Michigan, Jaimee’s focus has been on corporate workouts for financial institutions. She counsels lenders on, among other things, loan modifications, loan sales, loans to common carriers and other loans that involve “secret” liens, factoring arrangements, intercreditor agreements, and DIP and exit financing.
Jaimee also advises middle market and ABL lenders with respect to loan structuring and documentation. The perspective she has gained from seeing loan documents in bankruptcies and workouts allows her to offer valuable proactive advice on the front end of transactions.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Chambers USA 2023, Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- The Best Lawyers in America 2020-2024, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- DBusiness Magazine “Top Lawyers” 2018 and 2020-2022, Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor Rights Law
- Michigan Super Lawyers 2022-2023, Creditor Debtor Rights
- Michigan Rising Stars 2012-2017, Creditor Debtor Rights
- 09/19/202358 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2023
- 08/17/202370 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2024
- 06/29/2023Chambers USA 2023 Recognizes Bodman as One of Michigan’s Top Business Law Firms
- 12/05/202268 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2023
- 08/23/202270 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed In The Best Lawyers in America 2023
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., with honors
- Michigan State University, James Madison College, B.A.
- District of Columbia