Mr. Heimbuch has considerable experience in various aspects of banking law, including corporate trust law, bank regulation, and loan originations. He also has extensive experience in traditional labor law, including negotiating labor contracts and handling arbitration cases.
Mr. Heimbuch He has represented large financial institutions in connection with their corporate trust business. He has participated in numerous labor contract negotiations and has represented many clients before the National Labor Relations Board and in arbitration. He also has significant experience dealing with work stoppages, picketing, and secondary boycotts. Employers have frequently sought his advice in connection with labor contract interpretations and strategy in dealing with labor unions.
Mr. Heimbuch is listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2006-2015 under Banking. He is AV Preeminent® Peer Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Heimbuch is a former member of the Board of Director of the Detroit Institute of Ophthalmology and a former Co-Chair of the Board of Directors of the Detroit Bar Association Foundation. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of Leadership Detroit and on the Citizens Advisory Committee of Wayne County Juvenile Court and County Executive. He is Past President of the Detroit Bar Association and has served on the Board of the Detroit Regional Chamber of Commerce. He has written numerous articles and given seminars and lectures on employment and labor law related issues.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Michigan Super Lawyers 2006-2015, Banking
- DBusiness Magazine “Top Lawyers” 2010, Banking and Finance, Labor and Employment
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence; Endorsed for High Ethical Standing
Civic, Cultural, and Community Activities
- Leadership Detroit, Board of Directors
- Wayne County Juvenile Court and County Executive, Citizens Advisory Committee
- 10/01/2019Workplace Law Lowdown | PWDCRA Assessment of Essential Functions and Reasonable Accommodations Given Physical Examination Requirement
- 09/25/2019Workplace Law Lowdown | DOL Unveils Significant Revisions to Federal Overtime Laws, Increasing Salary Threshold to $35,568
- 05/02/2019Workplace Law Lowdown | DOL Provides New Insight on Employee vs. Independent Contractor Classification, Just As Michigan AG Launches Payroll Fraud Enforcement Unit
- 11/22/2016WORKPLACE LAW ALERT BREAKING NEWS: Texas Court Grants Nationwide Injunction Blocking FLSA Overtime Changes
- 01/07/2016New Michigan Minimum Wage Rates Effective as of January 2016
- J.D., University of Notre Dame Law School, 1965
- B.A., University of Detroit, 1962
- American Bar Association
- Leadership Detroit
- State Bar of Michigan