Ms. Lockman is a member of the Real Estate and Banking Practice Groups. She represents banks and other financial institutions in real estate financing transactions and represents both buyers and sellers in connection with complex commercial and industrial real estate transactions.
Ms. Lockman concentrates her real estate finance practice on facilitating a variety of multi-million dollar financial arrangements secured by real estate. Such arrangements include land acquisition loans, construction and development loans, mortgage warehousing lines of credit, and syndicated loan transactions. She also represents clients in the buying, selling and leasing of real estate with an emphasis on commercial properties such as industrial buildings and warehouses.
Ms. Lockman serves as the vice-chair of Bodman’s Real Estate Practice Group.
She is listed in Michigan Rising Stars 2021 under Real Estate, in DBusiness Magazine “Top Lawyers” 2022 under Real Estate Law, and in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch 2022 under Real Estate Law.
In law school, Ms. Lockman served as Executive Editor of the Journal of Legislation. She also participated in the economic justice program at the Notre Dame legal aid clinic and served as a judicial intern for Justice Michael F. Cavanagh of the Michigan Supreme Court.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch 2021-2022, Real Estate Law
- DBusiness Magazine “Top Lawyers” 2020-2022, Real Estate Law
- Michigan Rising Stars 2020-2021, Real Estate
- CREW Michigan, Member
- Detroit Economic Club, Member
- Inforum Michigan, Member
- State Bar of Michigan
- Business Law Section
- Real Property Law Section
- Young Lawyers Section
- 12/13/202169 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2022
- 08/19/202123 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed In Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2022
- 08/16/202154 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2021
- 10/30/202076 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2021
- 09/18/202056 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2020
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., cum laude
- University of Michigan, B.A.