Ms. Kolkmeyer is a member of Bodman’s Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution and Workplace Law Practice Groups. She counsels clients in connection with employment law matters and represents clients involved in commercial litigation matters.
Before joining Bodman, Ms. Kolkmeyer was in-house Litigation and Employment Counsel to Meridian Health Plan, Inc. in Detroit, where she counseled the human resources, compensation, and benefits departments on various legal issues. At Meridian, she served as defense counsel in numerous matters involving complex healthcare, pharmacy benefit management, and employment issues and litigated a complex class action involving wage/hour and other employment-related claims. She also prepared and reviewed corporate contracts and prepared employee policies, procedures, and handbooks.
As a law student, Ms. Kolkmeyer worked as a Law Clerk with a highly respected business and employment boutique law firm in suburban Detroit. She also served as a Law Clerk with the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office where she conducted legal research and prepared complaints, motions, briefs, case summaries, and witness lists, and as a Judicial Intern to Judge Diane Dickow D’Agostini of the 48th District Court in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan where she conducted legal research and wrote case recommendations in both civil and criminal matters.
At Wayne State University Law School, Ms. Kolkmeyer served on the Wayne State Law Review and was President of the Delta Theta Phi Professional Law Fraternity. She received the Property Scholar Award for achieving the highest grade in her Property class section and received the Delta Theta Phi Metropolitan Detroit Alumni Senate Foundation Scholarship. As an undergraduate, she received multiple academic honors, served on the Academic Assembly and University Council, and was a founder and President of the local chapter of the Kappa Alpha Pi Pre-Law Professional Fraternity.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch 2022-2023, Labor and Employment Law – Management
- State Bar of Michigan
- Litigation Section, Member
- “Can Employers Require a COVID-19 Vaccine?,” Bodman Workplace Law Alert, December 2020
- “Latest Executive Orders Green Light Pools, Gyms and Fall Sports,” Bodman COVID-19 Response Team Update, September 2020
- “Guidance Issued on Payroll Tax Holiday-Here’s What We Know,” Bodman COVID-19 Response Team Update, September 2020
- “Governor Whitmer Amends MI Safe Start Order to Limit Indoor Gatherings, Close Bars and Open Casinos,” Bodman COVID-19 Response Team Update, July 2020
- Co-Author (with Katherine F. Cser), “Update on the Family First Coronavirus Response Act,” Bodman COVID-19 Response Team Update, March 2020
- 08/23/202227 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed In Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2023
- 07/19/2022Chicago’s New Sexual Harassment Prevention Requirements Set Stage for Other States and Municipalities
- 02/14/2022Senate Passes Bill Ending Mandated Arbitration in Sexual Misconduct Cases
- 08/19/202123 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed In Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2022
- 12/08/2020Workplace Law Lowdown | Can Employers Require a COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., cum laude
Michigan State University, B.S.
- State Bar of Michigan