Joseph P. Michniacki advises clients on a range of corporate law issues, including financing, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, corporate maintenance, and contract negotiation and drafting.
Mr. Michniacki’s clients range from startups to established mid-market enterprises to publicly traded companies. His decade of prior experience in business operations allows him to provide scalable services to meet each client's needs regardless of company size.
Before becoming an attorney, he worked in golf facility management and oversaw operations for a number of Michigan golf courses. Using this background, Mr. Michniacki addresses legal issues from a practical and business oriented perspective.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- M&A Advisor's International M&A Awards, "Professional Services (B-to-B) Deal of the Year Advisors Award," 2018
Civic, Cultural, and Community Activities
- Beta Alpha Psi Social Services, Volunteer Income Tax Preparer
- Serves as corporate counsel to various companies providing software development, vulnerability testing, IOT solutions, manufacturing, technology development, construction, or consulting services.
- Served as counsel in the corporate restructuring of an administrative services provider with affiliates in the United States, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- Served as deal counsel to the buyer, the U.S. subsidiary of a German company, in its purchase of the U.S. subsidiary of an Italian manufacturing company.
- Served as deal counsel to the seller of an automation company to a portfolio company of a major private equity firm.
- Served as counsel to a private equity portfolio company in a sale/leaseback transaction involving an $18 MM industrial facility.
- Served as lead deal counsel to the buyer of a Ford Dealership and related real estate.
- Served as lead deal counsel to the seller of a Harley Davidson Dealership and related real estate.
- Served as lead deal counsel to a publicly traded Massachusetts company for its $80MM acquisition of a medical technology company.
- Served as deal counsel to a designer and supplier of industrial process control systems with automotive industry clients, including Ford, GM, and Fiat Chrysler, to a U.S. affiliate of a company listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Michigan-Flint, B.B.A., Accounting