Lindsay Cummings represents individual clients in connection with estate planning and estate administration matters including trusts, wills, powers of attorney, guardianships, conservatorships, and trust and probate administration. Her passion is to help individuals and families build sound plans that protect their loved ones from generation to generation.
Ms. Cummings has a decade of experience focused on estate planning, real estate law, and general business law. Before joining Bodman, she founded and operated her own law firm in Grand Rapids, representing individual clients in estate planning, real estate, and general business law matters. Ms. Cummings served as a Visiting Professor with Western Michigan University Cooley Law School where she taught contracts and as an Adjunct Professor where she taught estate planning.
She is a member of the State Bar of Michigan (Probate & Estate Planning Section), the Grand Rapids Bar Association, and the American Bar Association.
While in law school, Ms. Cummings won several academic honors, including the Jurisprudence Awards in Criminal Law Procedure and Transnational Research. As an undergraduate at Albion College, she received the Webster Scholarship for academic excellence, was a member of Kappa Alpha Theta, and was enrolled in the Honors Institute and the Gerald R. Ford Institute for Leadership in Public Policy and Service.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch 2021-2022, Trusts and Estates
- Grand Rapids Magazine Top Lawyers 2019-2020, Trusts & Estates
Civic, Cultural, and Community Activities
- Volunteers in Service (VIS), Member, Board of Directors
- State Bar of Michigan (Probate & Estate Planning Section)
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Presenter, "Common Issues in Estate Administration," ICLE, February 2021
- Presenter, "Trust Funding 101," ICLE, June 2020
- Presenter, "Demonstration: Initial Client Interview," ICLE, July 2019
- Presenter, “Drafting Estate Plan Documents, 28th Annual,” ICLE, January and February 2019
- Presenter, “Fundamentals of Estate Administration,” ICLE, October 2018
- Presenter, “Common Issues in Estate Administration,” ICLE, October 2017
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
- Former Adjunct Professor (Estate Planning)
- Former Visiting Professor (Contracts)
- 08/31/2021Five Bodman PLC Grand Rapids Attorneys Honored by The Best Lawyers in America
- 08/19/202123 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed In Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2022
- 02/09/2021Bodman PLC Admits Four New Members
- 12/02/2020Bodman Attorneys Brian E. Kersey and Lindsay M. Cummings Selected for Grand Rapids Top Lawyers List
- 08/24/2020Eight Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed In 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., cum laude
Albion College, B.A., magna cum laude