Chambers USA 2018 Recognizes Bodman as One of Michigan’s Top Business Law Firms
The prestigious client and peer review journal Chambers USA has again rated Bodman PLC as one of Michigan’s top business law firms.
In the newly released 2018 edition, Chambers again placed Bodman in “band one” (the highest possible rating) for Banking & Finance. Bodman has been the sole Michigan law firm ranked in band one for Banking & Finance for more than a decade.
Chambers ranked Bodman among Michigan’s top law firms in Corporate/M&A, Commercial Litigation, Real Estate, and Labor & Employment, and recognized the firm for expertise in Employee Benefits work.
The Chambers research process includes extensive interviews with clients and peers at other law firms as well as an assessment of recent client matters the firm has handled.
Chambers also ranks individual lawyers based on their legal knowledge and experience, effectiveness, and client service. Bodman attorneys were ranked in six of the seven practice areas that Chambers evaluates in Michigan, including:
- Banking & Finance: Robert J. Diehl, Jr., Scott P. Gyorke, Kathleen O’Callaghan Hickey, Joseph J. Kochanek, Ralph E. McDowell, Larry R. Shulman, and Wendy L. Zabriskie
- Commercial Litigation: Dennis J. Levasseur and Joseph J. Shannon
- Corporate/M&A: Timothy R. Damschroder, Laurence B. Deitch, Carrie Leahy, and Mark W. Peters
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation: David B. Walters
- Labor & Employment: John C. Cashen and Karen L. Piper
- Real Estate: Nicholas P. Scavone, Jr. and Andrew Z. Spilkin