Ms. Zhang is a member of the Business and Enterprise Procurement groups. She represents business clients in connection with a variety of corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, and the drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts, including vendor contracts for a broad range of goods and services.
While in law school, Ms. Zhang served as Membership Chair of the Michigan Asian Pacific American Bar Association (MAPABA) and as Vice President of the Asian Pacific American Law Student Association (APALSA). She served judicial internships with Chief Judge Gerald E. Rosen and with Judge Gershwin A. Drain of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. Ms. Zhang also worked as a Student Attorney with the Wayne Law Business and Community Law Clinic, advising small business clients on a variety of contract, corporate, tax, and intellectual property matters.
Mr. Zhang was a Dean’s Scholar and recipient of a Silver Key Certificate for academic achievement at Wayne State University Law School. She also received the Federal Bar Association’s prestigious Rakow Scholarship for outstanding achievement in the study of corporate law.
Before attending law school in the United States, Ms. Zhang earned her undergraduate degree in China, where she also worked as a legal intern and legal advisor, gaining experience with principles of Chinese law and business and providing counseling on import and export regulations and tax issues. Ms. Zhang is a native speaker of Mandarin Chinese.
- Michigan Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- 07/19/2017ENTERPRISE PROCUREMENT ALERT | The Enterprise Procurement Group Update | 18 July 2017
- 05/17/2017THE ENTERPRISE PROCUREMENT GROUP UPDATE | UNCERTAINTY SURROUNDING DODD-FRANK AND OTHER REGULATIONS
- 02/08/2017Yueyang (Sophie) Zhang Joins Bodman
- China University of Political Science and Law (Beijing, China), B.A.
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D.