Rebecca El Badaoui is a member of Bodman’s Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution and Environmental Law Practice Groups. She represents clients involved in commercial litigation matters.
Before joining Bodman as an associate attorney, Ms. El Badaoui participated in the firm’s summer associate program, gaining broad exposure to a variety of clients and areas of practice.
Ms. El Badaoui graduated from law school in May 2020 in the top 10% of her class. As a law student, Ms. El Badaoui served as Editor-in-Chief of the University of Detroit Mercy Law Review. She was also inducted into the Frank Murphy Honor Society, won multiple Book Awards, appeared on the Dean’s List, and was a member of the Moot Court Board of Advocates. Ms. El Badaoui also served on the Student Bar Association as Executive Treasurer and 1L Class representative, as Secretary of the Middle Eastern Law Students Association, and as Wayne Region Liaison of the Women’s Law Caucus.
Prior to joining Bodman, Ms. El Badaoui served as a Judicial Intern to the Hon. Arthur J. Tarnow at the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. She also served as a volunteer student attorney with the Detroit Mercy Law Federal Pro Se Legal Assistance Clinic during law school and as a Student Investigator with the Washtenaw County Public Defender Office as an undergraduate.
Ms. El Badaoui is the author of “Tandem Driving and Fourth Amendment Justifications,” 97 U. Det. Mercy L. Rev. (2019).
- State Bar of Michigan 2023 A Lawyer Helps Pro Bono Honor Roll
- 08/31/2023Bodman PLC and 31 Firm Attorneys Honored by State Bar of Michigan for Pro Bono Service
- 10/12/2022Bodman PLC and 25 Firm Attorneys Honored by State Bar of Michigan for Pro Bono Service
- 11/11/2020Five Attorneys Join Bodman PLC
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Michigan-Dearborn, B.A., with Distinction
- State Bar of Michigan