Mr. Curoe concentrates his practice primarily in representing high net worth individuals in estate planning, tax matters and business ventures. He specializes in helping wealthy individuals and business owners protect their assets, grow their businesses, and preserve a legacy for their families and charitable interests. Mr. Curoe also represents financial institutions and individual trustees on trust administration and litigation matters.
He is the chair of Bodman's High Net Worth Practice Group. Mr. Curoe is a member of the Financial and Estate Planning Council of Metropolitan Detroit. He is admitted to practice before the United States Tax Court and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. He is a member of the State Bar of Michigan and the Detroit Bar Association.
Mr. Curoe is listed in Chambers HNW as one of Michigan's leading lawyers for Private Wealth Law. He is also listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2021, in DBusiness magazine “Top Lawyers” 2021, and in Michigan Super Lawyers 2020.
Mr. Curoe has served in leadership positions with several nonprofit and charitable organizations. He currently serves on the Board of Trustees of the Archdiocese of Detroit Endowment Foundation, and on the Michigan Bankers Association Trust Counsel Committee. He is a member of Leadership Detroit XXIX and a 2010 Co-Chair of the Tigers Fundraiser Committee for Loyola High School. He is a former Chairman of the Board of Directors for Matrix Human Services.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Chambers HNW 2018-2021, Private Wealth Law
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2021, Trusts & Estates, Closely Held Companies and Family Business Law
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2009, 2011-2021, Tax Law, Trusts and Estates
- Michigan Super Lawyers 2020, Estate & Probate
Civic, Cultural, and Community Activities
- Archdiocese of Detroit Endowment Foundation, Board of Trustees
- Michigan Bankers Association Trust Counsel Committee
- Notre Dame Bookstore Basketball MVP, 1993
- Matrix Human Services, Former Chair, Board of Directors
- Leadership Detroit XXIX, Graduate
- Financial and Estate Planning Council of Metropolitan detroit
- State Bar of Michigan
- Business Law Section
- Probate and Estate Planning Section
- Taxation Section
- 07/29/2021Chambers High Net Worth Recognizes Bodman as One of Michigan’s Top Firms for Private Wealth Law
- 02/02/2021Bodman Announces Practice Group Leadership Appointments
- 10/30/202076 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2021
- 09/18/202056 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2020
- 08/20/202061 Bodman PLC Attorneys Named to 2021 Best Lawyers in America List
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D.
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law, LL.M., Taxation
- University of St. Thomas, B.A., Finance, magna cum laude
- State Bar of Michigan
- Leadership Detroit
- Detroit Bar Association (DBA)
- Financial and Estate Planning Council of Metropolitan Detroit