Attorney – Business Group – Any Bodman Office – Full Time
Bodman’s Business Practice Group (BPG) is seeking a corporate attorney with broad transactional experience to join the firm’s corporate team. The ideal candidate would have 3-6 years of experience in buy-side and sell-side mergers, acquisitions and dispositions, private and public securities law matters, entity formations, and venture capital and private equity financing transactions. An attorney in the Business Practice group will work with specialists in Bodman’s other practice groups to counsel clients on a broad array of transactions and are often expected to function in an outside general counsel capacity working alongside client principals and in-house counsel.
- Assist BPG members represent clients in general corporate matters, including drafting and negotiating purchase agreements and related documents, handling and advising clients regarding securities law compliance matters, negotiating investment transactions (both company- and investor-side), and drafting core company governance documents related to client operations and material transactions;
- Communicate in a highly responsive manner and deliver high quality work-product;
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the firm and with firm clients;
- Demonstrate a strong desire to develop and grow strong client relationships at all levels of the client organization; and
- Commit to enhancing knowledge on cutting edge developments in area(s) of the attorney’s practice.
- Experience as a transactional attorney in a broad corporate practice of a large or mid-sized law firm, including running M&A deal processes;
- Additional qualifications include:
- J.D. degree from an ABA-accredited institution;
- Licensed Illinois, Michigan, California or Texas attorney in good standing; candidates outside the firm’s geographic footprint interested in working remotely are also encouraged to apply;
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under significant time constraints; and
- Ability and desire to assist with training junior associates and support staff to further develop the BPG team.
To apply: Submit resume, transcript and writing sample to: email@example.com
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.