Bodman PLC is one of Michigan’s leading business law firms with more than 150 lawyers and five offices. Bodman has a diverse base that includes individuals and businesses in a variety of industries with emphasis on financial services, automotive, real estate and construction, high tech, manufacturing, health care, and other services.
Job Purpose: As a member of an administrative team you will work on estate planning, and other matters for our high net worth clients. Transcribe and type correspondence, memoranda and time records as well as perform a variety of administrative secretarial duties for attorneys to whom you are assigned according to established policies and procedures. Maintain positive contact with clients, attorneys, vendors and other team members, and observe confidentiality of client matters.
Working with us, you will:
- Manage day to day work flow, documentation and vaulting processes in connection with estate planning and other matters.
- Transcribe and prepare correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents from written and oral drafts; handle projects that may be complex in nature; and maintain records and filing system.
- Work closely with administrative support staff (word processing, office services, receptionists, etc.).
- Prepare attorney time records; process bills; proof billing sheets; and review and edit bills.
- Establish and maintain client and firm files; manage daily mail; request conflict of interest checks and maintain attorney calendars and deadline reminder systems.
- Maintain good relations with clients and their support team; and observe confidentiality of attorney-client relationship.
- Collaborate with junior and senior level attorneys, paralegals and file clerks.
An ideal candidate has:
- 3-6 years of legal secretarial experience supporting senior level attorneys, preferably in more than one practice area such as estate planning, banking, real estate or corporate.
- Ability to transcribe legal documents, correspondence and reports from rough draft or dictation proficiently and accurately.
- Excellent proof reading abilities for law office correspondence and transactional documents and the ability to perform non-complex arithmetic calculations when verifying calculations on forms and documents.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – one who can communicate effectively in a courteous and diplomatic fashion, since you will work with a diverse group of clients and vendors, attorneys and other team members.
For immediate consideration send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by law.