Paralegal, Banking Practice – Troy Office – Full Time
Bodman PLC is one of Michigan’s leading business law firms with more than 150 lawyers in four offices. Bodman has a diverse client base that includes individuals and businesses in a variety of industries with emphasis on financial services, automotive, real estate and construction, high tech, manufacturing, health care, and other services.
Bodman PLC was named by Corp! Magazine a “Diversity-Focused Company” and we are looking for a Paralegal to join our team. We are seeking talented individuals who are committed to excellence and thrive in an environment of collaboration.
Working with us, you will:
- Performs a variety of duties to assist attorneys according to established policies and procedures. Maintains positive contact with clients and observes confidentiality of client matters.
- Prepares UCC financing statements and amendments and tracks filing status.
- Orders and reviews corporate due diligence (including UCC lien searches, entity formation documents, certificates of good standing, and litigation and bankruptcy searches) and prepares summaries analyzing search results.
- Drafts routine loan documents including maintenance of closing checklists.
- Prepares signature page packets, coordinates execution of documents, and prepares for and facilitates completion of loan closing requirements.
- Prepares and coordinates distribution of loan documentation closing binders.
- Assists with real estate matters, such as ordering/reviewing title work and surveys, preparing summaries to analyze results, performing real estate due diligence searches, reviewing title commitments/policies and recorded exceptions to title.
- Assists with post-closing matters, including recording real estate documents and review of closing binders.
- Some legal research, including review of city, county and state regulations pertaining to real estate transactions.
- Assists banking attorneys with other documentation and diligence tasks, as needed.
- Utilizes computerized techniques and software as applicable.
The ideal candidate:
- Knowledge of legal principles and practices at a level normally acquired through formal paralegal training or its equivalent. Paralegal certificate from a qualified institution preferred. Bachelor’s degree in related subject matter also considered.
- Three years’ experience in related field, particularly banking and/or real estate, preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong analytical ability.
- Career-minded individual, with ability to follow process and strong organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Must be a problem solver, willing to work and think with a degree of independence, handle confidential information with discretion, and accept responsibility for producing work that is consistently complete, timely, effective and accurate.
For consideration, e-mail your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Banking Paralegal.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by law.