Chambers USA 2022 Recognizes Bodman as One of Michigan's Top Business Law Firms
The prestigious client and peer review journal Chambers USA has again rated Bodman PLC as one of Michigan’s top business law firms.
In the newly released 2022 edition, Chambers placed Bodman in “band one” (the highest possible level) for Banking & Finance and for Bankruptcy/Restructuring. Bodman has been ranked in band one for Banking & Finance continuously for more than fifteen years.
Chambers also ranked Bodman among Michigan’s top law firms for Corporate/M&A, Commercial Litigation, Real Estate, and Labor & Employment, and recognized the firm for expertise in Intellectual Property and Employee Benefits work.
Chambers ranks individual lawyers based on their legal knowledge and experience, effectiveness, and client service. Bodman attorneys were recognized as leaders in eight practice areas, including:
- Banking & Finance: Kathleen O’Callaghan Hickey, Joseph J. Kochanek, Adam B. Norlander and Larry R. Shulman
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring: Robert J. Diehl, Jr., Ralph E. McDowell, and Jaimee L. Witten
- Commercial Litigation: Dennis J. Levasseur and Joseph J. Shannon
- Corporate/M&A: Timothy R. Damschroder, Laurence B. Deitch, and Mark W. Peters
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation: David B. Walters
- Intellectual Property: Susan M. Kornfield
- Labor & Employment: John C. Cashen and Aaron D. Graves
- Real Estate: Michael B. Peterman, Nicholas P. Scavone, Jr. and Andrew Z. Spilkin
The Chambers research process includes extensive interviews with law firm clients and with peers at other law firms as well as a detailed review of recent matters the firm has handled. Individual lawyer rankings are based on an independent assessment of lawyers who best exemplify the qualities most valued by clients, including technical ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, and other factors.